Get the necessary information to find a solution, contact Credit-service!
What should be known about mortgage rates in Switzerland and how to benefit of advice before committing yourself in buying a house. Discover our offer.
Online request non-binding offer
The mortgage rates represent directly the cost of a mortgage. The higher the mortgage is, the higher the interest will be. It's not always easy to know which mortgage rate we can have. It depends on: its real estate project, its financial situation and the cost that is envisaged for the construction of the house. We are proposing you some explanations.
Different types of rates
There exists different types of mortgage rates in Switzerland:
- The fixed rate: it's an invariable rate that will be fixed for a certain amount of time (depending on the terms of the mortgage).
- The variable rate: if it's usually more advantageous than the fixed rate, the variable one may increase each year depending on the fluctuation of the real estate market.
- The Libor rate: less known than the first two, the Libor rate is usually granted for a short period of time.
What defines the mortgage rates?
The mortgage rate in Switzerland depends on the type of rate (fixed, variable, Libor rate), of the terms and the kind of mortgage rate chosen and depending on other criteria:
- The location of the property: the place of the real estate has an impact on the mortgage rate.
- The financial situation of the borrower: the better the situation of the borrower is, the lower the mortgage rate will be.
- The guarantees that are offered by the borrower: some kind of insurances or titles that can serve as a guarantee and can lead to a decrease of the interest rate.
Do you have some questions? Ask a specialist!
It's not always easy to understand all the terms of a mortgage. At Credit-service, we can propose you a free contact with an adviser. This one will study your real estate project and will advise you about the different solutions that are available.
Rue de la Banque 4
CP 265 - 1700 Fribourg